Wednesday, July 20, 2011

347 days and counting

It's almost that time again. I can't believe the time passed like it did. It's been hard, fun and full of love and laughter. Life with Zach is better than I ever imagined it to be. Before we know it, another year will go by and our life will be changing yet again.

If all goes as planned, Zach will graduate with his masters (may 2012) and we will be moving and hopefully find a new adventure, with new jobs, new scenery, and well, a fresh start. Don't get me wrong. Fresh start doesn't indicate we need to start over or are burnt out in anyway. But from my perspective life in Auburn has been great but a year from now we won't be college students, nor will we be putting kids into grade school, or even spending our days in a rocking chair sipping sweet tea. My point is, life after school in a college town can feel like you're in constant limbo. Auburn is great for being young and enjoying the college life as well as a great place to raise a family or come back to after many years and retire in War Eagle country (i.e. sipping on tea comment).  So as much as i love it here on the plains, I think in my heart it will be time to move on. Yet on the other hand, God's plan always trumps mine.

Until all these life changes take place, I look forward to celebrating my first anniversary with my best friend. People like to ask, "Can you believe you've been married almost a year?". The answer is no, I can't believe it. However, I do believe it's been the best year of my life. My blog title "single wide status" refers to living life in the trailer park. For the first few months of marriage, living in our trailer with no space to put everything made me think I was going to die in that trailer. Life wasn't easy. Adjusting to small spaces and realizing that God had me there for a reason was hard to understand. Wanting that dream home and wishing my kitchen was huge or that i had a laundry ROOM not hallway, seemed so far from reach. Yet, I came to love our single wide. No, the roaches aren't my friends and the random moments when water doesn't flow from the sink or shower isn't ideal but i love it nonetheless. Zach makes it worth it. Second to my love and devotion for Christ, having a Godly husband and a Godly marriage is the best thing in life. You can't beat it!

As our second year of marriage begins in a short few days, I can't imagine what God has in store for the Hubbard's. Our Auburn chapter may be coming to a close but life as Mr. and Mrs. has just begun! Until death do we part!






No comments:

Post a Comment